Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Learning by example/doing
Today at the library I showed the kids how to look up books on the catalog computer then how to find them on the shelf. It made me think of how everything I'm doing I can show the kids and tell them what I'm doing. I bet I will be surprised at what they will remember and be able to do on their own.
The same thing has gone for doing chores. They are able to do more chores than I originally would have thought. I have just been having them help me with my chores, and they have picked up a lot. Children are very capable, we just have to let them do what they can do--and not force them to understand concepts or do things that their bodies and brains just aren't ready for yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment